At Heading Health, we seek considerate and driven individuals in our centers to exceed patient expectations every day. The Physician Assistant ensures comprehensive, efficient mental health care through planning, directing and providing care within a multidisciplinary health team. Collaborates with a physician following established guidelines as required and within established scope of practice. Provides outstanding patient care and promotes high quality services while always ensuring the Heading Health vision and values to improve mental health through the safe delivery of researched, proven, and innovative treatments.
Heading Core Responsibilities:
- Has a professional and positive work ethic and inspires others.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each patient feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the Heading environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides and manages direct patient care, evaluations, assessments, diagnosis and treatment. All medically-related functions performed by a physician assistant are to be performed under the supervision of an actively licensed physician through a collaborative agreement as defined by the state of license and practice.
- Develops and implements patient care management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribes medications and other treatment modalities as appropriate to assessed medical conditions and refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Functions as part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team to provide collaborative care.
- Directly administers parenteral medications when required by staffing needs.
- Conducts psychotherapy according to Heading protocols.
- Uses validated rating scales, according to Heading protocols, to assist with diagnosis, treatment selection, therapeutic monitoring, and disposition.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information.
- Knowledgeable of HIPAA patient privacy and data security requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations
- Patient-centric attitude and commitment to quality patient care
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Certifications: BLS and ACLS (preferred)
- Licenses: Current (State) Psychiatric Physician Assistant
- Education level: PA-C
- Experience: 3+ years as Physician Assistant in mental health/psychiatry